Travels to the pub and back

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I'm writing this in the yawning vacuum of an afternoon off work.

We had a TM practise at Banana Row last night from 9 to 12 pm. It went encouragingly well; we're starting to hang together as a band (read: we're nodding to each other before changing from verse to chorus) and actually sound pretty convincing. Apart from the lack of vocals, but we're working on that.

And lyrics. We're working on them too. I plan on penning a magnum opus based upon the Dragon Way incident, if only I can find something that rhymes with "inadvertent financial self-buggery".

Anyway, the four of us had a self-congratulatory post-practise pint in the pub next door, and then Mart and I met up with Jeff, Devon and Ally in Negociants for a few more*. Being the last people in there at 3 am wasn't good enough for us though, and so leaving Jeff and Devon to head home, the rest of us decamped to Ally's flat for some beer-impaired guitar playing.

This morning I arrived at work and was utterly, utterly incapable of concentrating. Even my web surfing wasn't up to usual standards. I stared at the screen until midday and then took the rest of the day off as a holiday. I can now spend an exciting afternoon watching telly, paying a council tax bill and playing Forbidden Siren on the Playstation.

I am dizzy with anticipation.

* Devon's sister Brenna is visiting Edinburgh at the moment with a friend of hers. Predictably, her friend is:


  1. Funny;
  2. Tres attractive;
  3. Leaving at the end of the week.

No comments: