Travels to the pub and back

Monday, September 12, 2005

The weekend: a misadventure.

So, we have a TM practice (we're steadily approaching a gig-worthy state, I think) as usual on Saturday afternoon, and then we retire to the 13th Note for some tasty vegetarian food. We are joined by the Captain for some entertaining and edifying chat, and consume a few rounds of wanky lager, as is our wont.

Suddenly, I'm plastered. It is unclear in my mind as to when this happened. (I sincerely hope that I didn't piss off any 13th Note staff!) Some time later, Doug, Davis and I are back in Doug's flat, drinking some very ill-advised vodka+oranges. A little later than that, I am forced to enjoy the use of Doug's barfroom.

Ye Gods. I am woken by the noonday sun, with a hangover the size of a planet. I can hear Doug occasionally moan in the other room. I absolutely have to get up so I can get back to Edinburgh to meet Rachel, so I do, around 4 pm. Doug continues to moan, and in fact does so for the next 24 hours.

On the train I recover sufficently to start using the past tense.

I finally got back just in time to meet Rachel at the train station, and we caught up over the course of a thoroughly civilised evening, encompassing some more rather good veggie food (at Bann's, and which thankfully stayed down this time), very little booze and an abundance of chat. Very grown-up, and very enjoyable.

No comments: