Travels to the pub and back

Monday, June 19, 2006

And in other news,

there is very little other news. Jeff and Devon hosted a pleasant little dinner party on Wednesday night and on Friday Finlay and I finally met up again for a bit of non birth-, death- or marriage-related chat. The chat turned quickly into a light-on-food, heavy-on-beer and ultimately messy evening that I'm in no hurry to regurgitate (even the word makes me reflexively gag a bit) here.

On Sunday Ash and I had a very refined little wander around the west end of Princes Street and St. Cuthbert's kirkyard (unconsciously inspired, maybe, by Lisa?)and then later on met up with my parents for a Father's Day meal in the Outsider. La famille was on excellent form, and everyone got on famously.

And that is the sum total of everything interesting I did last week. Rock and roll.

P.S. I'm running the Water of Leith 10K again this year, and rather than half-heartedly try (and mostly forget) to chase people up for sponsorship, you can donate some money, if you want, via the justgiving.com website and avoid some of the tax that'd normally be levied. That is all!
P.P.S. Some people have been asking how Extreme Phil is doing. Fortunately he's fine - his back's painful but nothing is broken or permanently damaged. He won't be back on a bike for a while, though...!

No comments: