Travels to the pub and back

Monday, September 04, 2006

I really am failing to do anything of note

these days, with the exception of interminable amounts of preparation for the upcoming RF World Tour: Colonial EditionTM. I'm now insured to the eyeballs for snowboarding, scuba diving and general holiday hijinks anywhere "worldwide including North America" which is funny because I thought "worldwide" meant just that.

I've also signed up for a new mobile contract that includes a phone the size of a planet. "That's no moon," I mused as I uncrated it on Friday. The somewhat weak/geek rationale for this purchase is to have mobile internet access so we can plan ahead in terms of accommodation and avoiding tropical storms. Of course my contract doesn't actually stretch to mobile internet in the US, and so the phone will no doubt see me skulking around business districts looking for unsecured wireless networks.

Rock. And. Roll.

The weekend was taken up with working (sigh) and some low key, pleasantly grown-up boozing in honour of Dave's birthday and then a rare visit by Waxy to Edinburgh. At some point Ash suddenly asked me, remembering a conversation about philosophy books no less: "Did you dig into my Kant?"

I almost died.

No comments: