Travels to the pub and back

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Bass Instincts.

Davis (aka Davide and Sparky), a member of Chris' late band Coba Fynn, is getting married. The wedding features what would have been a CF reunion gig - God know why he wants to perform at his own wedding, but there you go - except that Chris can't make it across. Chris was CF's guitarist and Neil their bassist, so Neil has changed over to the 6-string for the gig.

You can see where this is going, can't you? I quote first myself:

My bass skillz are rather crap but I'd be happy to at least have a go at the tunes you want to play, and then let you know if I'd be worth laughing at at a full-on band practise.
and then Davis:
Thanks for agreeing to play with the band - I'm sure your bass skills will be absolutely fine!
You see the logical inconsistency here? Me too. The countdown starts here: T minus 5 weeks to actually learn to play with some degree of consistency and skill.

For once, I'd be happy to be playing the pipes at a wedding!

No comments: