Travels to the pub and back

Monday, May 03, 2004

INT. CORE STUDIOS, GLASGOW - NIGHT

DAVIS stands by a microphone stand with a red guitar. It has green knobs and trim. NEIL is hovering by a guitar amp with a more conventionally coloured guitar. KEITH is holding a bass in such a way that clearly indicates he'd like to be considered to be 'wielding' it, but that in reality just looks uncomfortable. DOUG sits behind a set of drums.

DAVIS
Right, shall we do "Everybody Needs Somebody" first then?

ALL
'Kay then.

They begin to play. DOUG, NEIL and DAVIS play with nonchalant skill. KEITH wrestles with his bass. Astonishingly, it actually sounds pretty damn good.

They finish.

KEITH
Wow! That was alright. I can't believe it.

ALL make general sounds of relief.

And so the first combined wedding/Coba Fynn comeback gig practise I had the honour to attend started off. I'd been practising like a demon for the past few weeks, and fortunately, I managed to acquit myself reasonably well. I'm starting to look forward to the gig!

Tiny Monkey is going to have to set up a 'real' practise sometime soon...

Update: just looked at the Coba Fynn website. Am reconsidering my involvement with these jokers.

No comments: