Travels to the pub and back

Sunday, September 26, 2004

The week

has been notable mainly for the stuff I didn't do, which has all been pretty wicked. Here are some of the exciting things I didn't do:


  • win at poker on Tuesday
  • write an instantly catchy, Libertines-esque pop tune on Wednesday night
  • go to a party composed entirely of enthusiatic, nubile undergrads on Friday
  • go to Vegas on Saturday

Now look at that list and tell me that I didn't not have an exciting time last week. What I did do instead, was:

  • come second (again) at poker on Tuesday. Incidentally...
  • inadvertently plagiarise the bass line from the Soup Dragons' cover of I'm Free on Wednesday
  • see a worthy but partying-free film on Friday night
  • wimp out unacceptably early on Saturday

Rock.

Today was good, in a relaxed kind of way: I dragged Kate to Glasgow to help with a bit of shopping, had lunch in Bar Ten (an excellent place, by the way. Glasgow seems to have much better bars than Edinburgh. Also, is it just me or does having a pint at lunchtime feel like the sort of thing mums in general would disapprove of?) and picked up bass #1 from Doug's.

I'm worn out again. Despite failing to exactly live life to the full this week, I'm still shagged out. Getting old...

No comments: