Travels to the pub and back

Thursday, February 24, 2005

High life and low life:

and all of it was top. I surfed a wave of social strata over the past week, starting off with dinner round at Devon's on Sunday evening. She and Vanessa had prepared a load of sushi, miso soup and associated Japanese food and it was rather good.

Jez had another mini dinner party thing on Wednesday, this time with some excellent Italian food. Who'd've thought that putting honey in pasta would be a good idea? Answer: Jez, and he's right.

Then last night, Kate and I (after yet more pasta - it's hard to get tired of anything when someone else is cooking it for you) went ten-pin bowling. Oh yes. I want me a pair of bowling shoes. Anyway, it turns out that the flat Bar Olympics weren't a fluke: I really am disgustingly bad at pub games. Final score: pool 3-0 to Kate, air hockey 1-0 to me, bowling 1-1 score draw. I lose 4-2 on aggregate.

3-0 at pool. Jesus.

No comments: