Travels to the pub and back

Monday, May 30, 2005

Aside from the karting,

last week was an enthusiastic but not unwelcome partying merry-go-round. Wednesday was a few random drinks in the pub; Thursday was a Tiny Monkey summit (not quite the 'musical differences' Josh suggested, but important stuff nonetheless); Friday was a joint birthday bash for Carolyn, Neil and one of Carolyn's workmates and Saturday, finally, was Michelle's cheese and wine party.

At last! A house party unmarred by blood, piss and tears. (It was brought to my attention that last week's entry about the interesting party round at Dom's missed out the blood and piss parts. I must have blocked them from my memory. Anyway, there was piss - lots of it; blood - somewhat less, and an open flies situation that just made it all that bit more distasteful.)

The party was excellent. I took some camembert, having failed to get my hands on any roquefort, and some special wine I like to call 'beer'. The chat was fantastic; Josh and Gill busted some smooth moves for the benefit of the non-tangoing plebs and we walked home into the gathering dawn. Top show.

No comments: