Travels to the pub and back

Saturday, May 21, 2005

I took a half day yesterday

so I could go along to the private view of Katie's After the Tsunami exhibition (see some of her pictures here). The plan was for Ruth and I to meet our parents afterwards for dinner, and then to rejoin the rest of the guys for a Friday night out.

Instead, we A) went to the exhibition at 2 pm and then B) stayed in the pub until 1 am, drunken parents included.

Most amusing.

Paul and Jenny were suitably mortal, and my mum made a sterling effort to keep up, but I don't think she has the sheer abandon the Gillons boast. In the end my dad, fortunately sober after arriving later, drove them all home. Excellent work, guys! And Paul made us some new friends after cornering a hapless pair of innocents and assuming they were with us. Fried gold, my friends. Fried gold. You couldn't write this stuff.

No comments: