Travels to the pub and back

Monday, September 08, 2003

Back to normality (or at least work) now. I expect that these entries will steadily diminish in A) excitement value and B) length from now on.

I got back after something like 30 hours of travelling and waiting around in airports. The last flight, from Singapore (#Apore!# Ha! Bad joke. Cheers Chris) was the worst - I was in the middle seat, so neither legroom/aisle or good view/window. The aisle seat was occupied by a largish old woman with limited mobility to say the least, who, by the end of the flight, was smelling uncomfortably like stale urine. The bloke on my right had been in jail for carrying a spent shell case through Singaport Airport, so at least had an interesting story to pass 5 minutes of the 13 hour journey.

Still, smelly old women and criminals aside, that was a pretty bloody good holiday.

I finally got back to the flat around 1 am and dragged Annabel off to the pub for a drink. Nice to note that the default booze volume is once again the mighty pint, and not a freakish Aussie half-pint 'pot'.

PS: Chris was kind enough to burn me a CD of all the photos he took while I was in Oz, and I'm tempted to see if I can display some here. Not sure if Blogger/Blospot will host remote images yet...I must try to get my Freeserve web space back up and running to host some photos (and possibly this blog if I can). Mmm. Techie crap.

No comments: