Travels to the pub and back

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

A few of us went out last night for Annabel's official birthday (like the Queen, you see) to a little Japanese1 restaurant called Bonsai. It's a tiny little place, but it was still completely empty apart from us. The chef was reading the paper when we arrived. No doubt it'll fold like a cheap suit just before anyone realises it A) exists and B) is actually quite good. They made a fairly decent effort to incorporate a bit of a Scottish flavour into some more traditional Japanese dishes. At least that's what I assume was going on with the deep-fried cheese, anyway.


  1. I was in Japan briefly with work2 a couple of years ago, staying in a dormitory belonging to the company I was visiting (let's call it Bingy Corp). Very odd - it was a student residence sort of place, and was populated entirely by junior engineers that worked for Bingy Corp. Anyway, I digress. It had a beer vending machine. This, I can attest, is genius. Typical after work thought process:

    1. Mmm. Could murder a beer.
    2. I shall buy one from the beer vending machine.
    3. Hot damn.

  2. argh. Almost typed "on business" before I caught myself.

No comments: