Travels to the pub and back

Thursday, November 06, 2003

The Roquefort Files went to see the mighty Snow Patrol last night at the Liquid Room. I managed to remember my ticket once I was already half way there, so after going back to the flat to get it I got to the gig about 8.15 pm or so, missing the support band. Apparently they were crap, so no great loss.

Dom's Gig SummaryTM: "gig: great. starfighter pilot (the song they always finish on): good. beer: expensive and shit. strange people pointing and clapping: odd.". The best bit for me was Gary Lightbody's solo An Olive Grove Facing the Sea; a nice song, and actually better with just the one guy performing it.

I've been to see them three times now (sad, I know) and the audiences at the gigs seem to age about five years between each one. The first time I went to see them everyone looked like little nu-metal kids; the second time they'd graduated to early 20s indie-dom and last night seemed to have a typical pale Scottish indie scene crowd - mid 20s onwards. Weird.

Embarrassingly, I'm going to see SP a fourth time tomorrow - they're supporting Grandaddy at the Carling Academy in Glasgow. I must be getting west coast withdrawal or something.

Party update #2:

Andy's photos of the party.

No comments: