Travels to the pub and back

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Middlingest. Week. Ever.

To whit:


  • Tiny Monkey had our first full practise at Banana Row, with Doug coming across from Glasgow to play drums. It went reasonably well, even though we lost our way a bit towards the end, possibly by racing through the set without paying enough attention to each individual song. I had expected it to go flawlessly, for some reason - probably because Coba Fynn got stuck in to each practise with a fairly businesslike attitude - but I forget that Mart and Dom have never played with drums and huge-ass amps before and there's a bit of a learning curve to getting into the 'rehearsal' mindset. Still, it bodes well for future practises and we'll just have to concentrate a little more on getting things just so before moving on to the next song...
  • I've only been out once (er, I think only once, anyway) this week and even then it was fairly low key: I suspect my subconscious is taking charge and demanding a sensible week for a change.
  • Ray gave me a lift across to Fife this morning to help my Dad out with a vintage car rally he runs each year. Turned out there were already enough people there, so we came back after having a bacon roll in a Cold War-era amusement arcade (I played GTI Club for the first time in years) and staring listlessly at the disused power station that towers over the place.

And that was that; a week that just idled along without ever deciding to really get going. Conclusion: must try harder.

Update: I did manage to go and see The Cooler on Sunday evening, which upped the weekend's average from uninspired to moderate. Quite a good film; breezy and dark by turns, impressive acting and that good ol' Vegas movie atmosphere. 4/5 on the RF's indie movie scale.

No comments: