Travels to the pub and back

Sunday, June 13, 2004

What a debacle...

after hearing last week about the open-air gig organised by Belle & Sebastian at the Botanic Gardens in Glasgow, I excitedly mass-emailed everyone to see if any of my jockrock-friendly mates wanted to go and see them. A few emails later and I had A) managed to convince a few of them to come along and B) been reminded about a previously organised going away party that night in Edinburgh.

Cue a day of walking, underground-ing and train-ing to and from entirely too many different venues, flats and pubs. I managed to miss B&S, arrive late to the party (although that wasn't wholly my fault, just another random spanner in the works) and spent the final hours of the night hurtling from pub to pub in an effort to see everyone I had promised to meet up with.

<fx: exasperated roll of eyes>

A royally frustrating Saturday.

No comments: