Travels to the pub and back

Monday, December 13, 2004

It's been a bit of a disjointed week.

Whereas I used to feel that I did stuff that I'd decided maybe the day before, the last few weeks seem to have been predetermined from some time in the past that I can't remember. I pick up my phone, look up the day's calendar entry and think "Oh. Really? I'm doing that today? When the hell did I decide to do that?"

Not that I've been up to anything particularly interesting, mind. It's not like my diary has entries saying "Defeat Godzilla, buy socks", or anything. It's more like "Cook tea tonight, buy socks". Which is less exciting.

Meh. Anyway.

I did manage, with Martin, to come up with a basic demo for TM's next song. We're planning to play our first live gig in January (get this - it's going to be invitation only. Ah, the conceits of rock and roll) and we're starting to get a little anxious at the lack of our own songs, hence the burst of creativity. The only problem is that the basic demo doesn't seem to lend itself to being anything other than a basic demo.

The weekend was fairly quiet. Marie has just finished her degree and her show is now up at the art college. I missed the original soirée in its honour (Wednesday, while Martin and I were plugging away at MonkeyThree), so on Friday night we had a few at the Phoenix. And that, strangely, was it for the weekend's boozing.

On Saturday, I mostly woke up the rest of the flat by playing Seven Nation Army until I was satisfied that it sounded just right. Took about three hours.

Sunday was marginally more productive - I dragged myself out of the flat to do some Christmas shopping and on the way back, had a look round the Masters of Design show at the art college. Marie's stuff was very good, along with a lot of the rest of it. Tobias'…er…Self Portraits With Furniture Built By Self were amusing, but his chairs-and-table combo was pretty cool. I may forgive him.

No comments: