Travels to the pub and back

Monday, April 18, 2005

I found what looked like an excellent flat

in the ESPC on Sunday afternoon, so I wandered round to have a look. It was in the same building as another I'd seen on Thursday, only a little bigger and almost certainly a lot cheaper.

As I was waiting for the owner to answer the buzzer, a guy came up to the door with his key ready and asked me if I wanted to be let in. I said yes, I'm waiting to view a flat.

"Ah," he said. "That was mine. I sold it last week."

Turns out it had been on the market for a month, and I hadn't noticed it until two days after it was sold. Pretty well sums up the weekend.

1 comment:

Keith Houston said...

Sunday's breakfast was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. And I needn't have buggered off so early, given the afternoon's depressing flat hunting 'action'.