Travels to the pub and back

Monday, October 11, 2004

INT. BANANA ROW, EDINBURGH - NIGHT

TINY MONKEY are standing around in their accustomed positions. They are discussing what to play.

DAVE
I've written some lyrics and a vocal melody for MonkeyOne.

The world briefly wobbles on its axis. One or two bandmembers clutch nearby chairs/music stands for support. Mouths are agape.

ALL
What?

DAVE
Well, I listened to the MP3 a few times and worked out a melody and some words to go with it. It's called 'Reasons' now. How about we try it?

ALL
Right then.

They play MonkeyOne, complete with two guitars, bass, drums and vocals. It's a REAL SONG. It sounds really, really good.


Seriously, I thought I was going to pass out. We've written a song. It's Teenage Fanclub meets Travis meets Snow Patrol meets pop music in general. Maybe it's the musical equivalent of the face that only a mother could love, but my God: it sounds fantastic to me.

No comments: