Travels to the pub and back

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Went to a party

on Friday night with Josh and Vanessa. Jeff's cousin Hana, newly installed in a flat with some other colonials, threw a C-themed party. The idea was to come dressed as something beginning with C, to eat stuff beginning with C and, although I didn't know it at the the time, fend off the advances of a drunk Canadian girl who was coming on to me rather enthusiastically.

The first dress idea to cross my mind - 'cretin', which wouldn't have involved actually dressing up at all - was quashed by Josh in favour of 'CIA'. Yup. Black suits and earpieces again. It's becoming something of a well worn trademark.

Vanessa était un chat.

It was all fairly sedate (apart from having some dreadful tequila squirted into my gob from a water pistol) until a load of young, voluble backpackers turned up around midnight or so and some drinking games began. We left about 1 or so; I don't think we were quite in full-on party mode. Also I was getting increasingly fearful of having my unwilling bones jumped by the aforementioned Canadian. We made like a banana...

...and split.

No comments: